|1996:||Elected to 11th LockSabha (1st Term).|
|1998:||Re-Elected to 12th LokSabha with Highest Margin of 3, 54,816 Votes in INDIA (2nd term).|
|1999:||Re Elected to 13th LokSabha (3rd Term)|
|3 Oct 1999 to 29 Jan 2003:||Union Minister of State for Ministry for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, Government of India.|
|30 Jan 2003 to 8 Jan 2004:||Union Minister of State for Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.|
|9 Jan 2004 to 21st May 2004:||Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.|
|2004:||Re-Elected to 14th LokSabha (4th term).|
|25 Jan 2011:||Appointed as the Chairman of GauSevaAyog, Government of India.|
- Organized and participated in more than 500 Camps.
- Organized and participated in more than 500 Blood donation camps.
- Donated blood for 120 times till today.
- Introduced mobile dispensaries in slums and rural areas managed by NGOs.
- Actively participated in NavNirman Agitation in Gujarat inspired by Jay Prakash Narayan in 1974, as student leader.
- Sent to Join in protest against Emergency in 1975-76.
- Pioneer in Water-Harvesting activities as political leader in Saurashtra
- Worked hard to inspire and educate for water harvesting then to at national level
- Mobilized community participation for construction of Check Dams, restoration of water bodies and water re-charging.
- Travelled tirelessly for water conservation message in form of Jalyatra, Seminars, Workshops throughout Gujarat.
- Also inspired people and NGOs for water harvesting in Meerut-UP and Haryana.
- Organizing farmers gathering for scientific farming.
- Mobilizing farmers for adopting organic and medicinal plant farming.
- Organized Heavy Meets Small Industrial fair in Rajkot.
- Organized Biggest Ever Agriculture fair Agro vision 2003 in the country at Rajkot.
- Organized Biggest Blood Donation Camp where 5174 people donated blood at Rajkot.
- Organized National Book Fair at Rajkot.
- Worked Day and Night during the earth quake in Saurashtra Kutch in 2001 for providing relief and rehabilitation of affected people.
- Mobilized NGOs, Social and Religious Institutions for construction of Housing Colonies, Schools and Hospitals in earthquake affected areas of Saurasthra Kutch region.
- Organized biggest Arogya Mela at Rajkot.
- Awarded Rashtriya Uttakristata Samman 2009 environment award for outstanding work in the field of environment and climate change by BHARAT VIKAS PARISHAD on 04/07/2010, Sunday, 5pm at Symposium Hall, NASC Comp. IARI PUSA ND 12, New Delhi 110012.
- Awarded Dada bhai Naoraji Industrial Peace & Development.
- Awarded Bharat Jyoti Award for Economic Growth and National Integration.
- Swayamsewak since Childhood.
- Served in various capacities as office Bearers in RSS Gujarat.
- Inspired for Nation Building activities and social work.
- Worked for upliftment of poor and downtrodden.
- Worded during national disasters like food, drought and earthquake.
Now has been working as Chairman of Gauseva and Gaucharvikas board Gujarat since 25th Jan 2011 and has travelled more than 2,00,000 km. across the country for the welfare and uliftment Â for the betterment of the pure breed of Cow.